Monday, April 27, 2009

An indicator

Ever since I decided I was going to start with all this healthy living crap of eating better and working out, I am finding almost daily signs of why I need to do this.

Today's indicator was when I woke up and hopped on-line.  Every day, like clock work, the first two blogs I check are:

Cake Wrecks- "When Professional Cakes go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong."  Because honestly, is there any better way to start the day than by looking at cake?? Even if they are tragedies, cake is cake.

Bacon Du Jour- Every day they take delicious bacon and wrap it around another food product and rate it.  Every day I get to read wonderful suggestions on how I can add more bacon into my life and diet. Quite frankly, it is important research to know how bacon and a McNugget, or Blueberry Muffin, or a Dill Pickle pair up. 

This is a problem, time for me to find new blogs to start my day with.  I do not think I am doing myself any favors by getting my brain started each morning with Cake and Bacon.  Although I think changing my routine will affect my moods in a negative way, because how can I not be happy spending my days thinking of cake and bacon.  I suspect that this is yet another indicator of why I need to do this.

Does anyone know if there is a celery blog out there?

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha...I love you Cari. You know, I have been on this diet for a little over 2 weeks, no changes yet. But I switched to vitamin water and plain water ONLY> No more pop or anything sugary filled. Cake is cake, it will always be cake...and how can you not crave it from time to time? It's ok to look at the blogs, but what I do, is look at old pictures of me before all my surgeries and health problems and now it's going to happen one day....the same picture, but the 2009 version of Heather. Hey I even have an old one of us at the French Quarter! I will try to find you that celery blog by the way :)

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete