Thursday, February 2, 2012

Inflated Sense of Self

If you are a regular reader of the Follies, you have probably noticed that I frequently refer to my "inflated sense of self."  If you think that an inflated sense of self is just being sassy and confident, you are wrong.  It supersedes a healthy sense of well-being.  It's a constant thought of, "I am fantastic, and nuts to anyone who does not appreciate how amazing I am." That's the inflated sense of self that I carry.

Need proof?  Exhibit A:






I saw some gold star stickers at Target and immediately wanted to buy them.  I planned to award them to myself simply for being Awesome. I put them in my cart and envisioned sticking one on my lapel anytime I wanted to celebrate Cari.  However, my better judgment won out and I returned the stickers –– not because I do not deserve to regularly receive gold stars for being Awesome, but because the $1.99 price was better applied to my favorite $4.99 Rex Goliath Cabernet. And as we all know, wine encourages that inflated sense of self much quicker and more efficiently than any little gold star ever could.

See how efficient and budget conscious I am?  I deserve a gold star for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment